On Wednesday 01 August 2001 19:56, Joel Hammer babbled:
> See my original message below and then look at the abuse teams response.
> They did take a month or so to answer this letter.
> Does this make sense to you all? This suggests that the router here is
> attempting to provide DHCP services to anyone on this network. The router's
> ip is nothing like the ip of my local @HOME network.
> They say it is my modem's default gateway but that is not what I have my
> machine configured for.
> I am blocking these packets but my cable modem works fine.
> My Static ip: 24.182.146.18 Bcast:24.182.146.127  Mask:255.255.255.128
> My Gateway ip: 24.182.146.1
> Any insight appreciated.
> Joel

I buddies linux box gets this same kind of shit from his Insight
connection... they claim the same thing. I ended up changing his firewall to
stop logging the stuff... I don't know for sure if it's legit or not, but his
connection works with it blocked...
--
Douglas J. Hunley ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) - Linux User #174778
Admin: http://hunley.homeip.net/        Admin: http://linux.nf/

~~ Now offering Linux admin services for the home user ~~

When solving a "panic" you must first ask yourself what you were doing
that could possibly frighten an operating system.