On Wed, 08 Aug 2001 08:38:34 -0600 (CST)
Ian Marchak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> was inspired to comment:

> Quoting Mark Heinrich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> > I am unable to start KDE because my /tmp is full.  I deleted the files
> > that
> > I thought I could and there are only two or three left but I am still
> > getting an error that my /tmp is full.  How can I see how much space
> > /tmp
> > has allocated and how much is free?  How can I increase the amount of
> > space
> > /tmp has?  TIA
> >
> > Mark
>
> If /tmp is on a seperate partition, 'df' will show you the free space on
> all
> your partitions.  If /tmp is part of your / partition, you may have some
> work
> ahead of you.  Assuming you have space on your HD, head to the SxS and
> look up
> PARTITIONS.
How about "cd /tmp
du
Won't that tell the original poster how much of his /tmp is being used?
Mike

--
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it
but at the very least you need a beer."