On Tuesday 14 August 2001 19:20, Linuxism Chang wrote:
> I read that there was a new tcp wrapper in Redhat usnig a conf
> file named xinetd.conf. Does it make sense to introduce the

xinetd is a redhat replacement to inetd and then some. Paraphrasing: xinetd
does not start services until they're requested, and then controls them,
whereas inetd simply controls started services.

The long answer would appear to be to rpm -Uvh xinetd........

You have now reached the upper limit of my internet knowledge. I can't spell
TCP/IP twice in succession, and don't want to.