On Sunday 19 August 2001 14:22, Collins Richey babbled:
> Just having a little fun with linuxfromscratch again.  It's been about a
> year since I played with this.
>
> The 3.0-pre4 release is pretty much error free - nothing failed in the
> static files setup or the install for real from chroot environment, and
> the system booted successfully first time.  Only 1 1/2 days time invested.
>

> It's only very slightly behind the current usable kernel-glibc-gcc
> offerings.  Doesn't include reiserfstools out of the box.
>
> But then, LFS as installed is about as useful as t###s on a boar hog (as
> they say down Texas way).  Now begins several days worth of planning,
> downloads, and tarball installs  to put up a decent gui platform with
> reiserfs, XFCE, sylpheed, Opera, and probably KDE.
>
> At least LFS has a pretty decent set of Hints (ie StepBySteps)
>
> The reference is http://www.linuxfromscratch.org
>
> Oh, and why? - because it's there.

check out http://blfs.linuxfromscratch.org for the 'Beyond LFS' notes... it
is exactly for the point you are at now..

I'm building a new LFS box as we speak... it's gonna be the new linux.nf when
it's done!
--
Douglas J. Hunley ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) - Linux User #174778
Admin: http://hunley.homeip.net/        Admin: http://linux.nf/

~~ Now offering Linux admin services for the home user ~~

"He's dead, Jim. You grab his wallet, I'll grab his tricorder."