--- Tim Wunder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
> I've read thru the SxS written by Mike Andrew regarding upgrading the
> kernel
> from 2.2.14 to 2.4.x and have managed to download the updates required
> e2fsprogs, modutils, pcmcia and isdn4k-utils. The server times out
> when
> trying to get the updated tarball (ftp.linuxcare.com.au) for ppp,
> though. Can
> I get it somewhere else? Both Kantoine's SxS and the linux ppp how-to
> direct
> me to the linuxcare site. I found a RedHat SRPM, would that be
> sufficient?
> I'm currently running Caldera eD2.4 under kernel 2.2.14.

Well, Linuxcare went out of business a few months ago, so i doubt you'll
be getting off of their servers any time soon.

You could grab the SRPM for ppp-2.4.0 from Caldera's ftp server for
COL3.1.  Just do a "rebuild ppp*.src.rpm" and if all  goes well, you'll
have a binary RPM for ppp in /usr/src/OpenLinux/RPMS/i386/ .

Also, unless you're using ISDN hardware, you don't need isdn4k, and
unless you have a laptop, you don't need pcmcia either.

=====