On Sat, 1 Sep 2001 13:26:01 -0400
Hello burns from Lourens:

Drool.

Saw an interesting test the other day at:
http://www.hardocp.com/reviews/cooling/roundup0501/index5.html

Take a look at the temp differences achieved by putting a 7k fan on top of
the "boxed" AMD cooler unit. (AMD Stock Cooler; Stock Fan - 142ºF; 7K Fan
- 123ºF)
They also have some interesting figures for high performance coolers.

Enjoy.

[large snip]
"  It came down to a toasted mainboard and cpu. I am just on my way out to
"  spring some do$h for a Thunderbird 1400 and board. <sigh>
"
"  It won't be smp, but it will be a faster (and more stable) system in
"  the end.
[end large snip]

***

If you find a solution and become attached to it,
the solution may become your next problem.

***