Hi list!

I had a terrible XFree experience trying to load up Caldera eW 3.1 from
a disk I got from the Caldera booth at the Linux conference in San
Francisco.
But that is another story:  I'd like to try loading up kde 2.2 onto
Caldera LTP which has worked just fine for me.  It has a beta 2.4
kernel, a beta XFree 4.0 and a beta KDE 2.0.  So I guess I have two
choices:
a) try the KDE 2.2 rpms for eW 3.1.
b) compile the KDE 2.2 source with --prefix=/opt/kde2 and compile the
qt2 source with all of the various setting of environment variables and
configure options.

Do I need a new XFree installation to get KDE 2.2 to work?

Anybody had any luck with this on LTP or any suggestions?
Thanks!

--
Tony Alfrey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]