Might be, like you said, where you grew up. But..... there is a whole big
world out there, where you didnt grow up. But everyone that knows sports
knows what soccer is, ;-) even us yanks that know what football really is.

http://www.apostarenlared.com/fotbol-s.html
http://www.futbol365.com/
http://www.futbol.com/

On Tuesday 04 September 2001 10:59, Gordon McCrae wrote:
> It's just called football, because (unlike the american version), the
> players actually use their feet to move the ball around, perhaps the
> americans should rename their sport "handball".
>
> The full name is "Association Football", in an attempt to distinguish it
> from "Rugby Football", thus the abbreviation "soccer".
>
> Personally it's "fitbaw" where I grew up, and is still called that by my
> (now american accented) children.
>
> And american football is "rugby for pansies", but that's probably just a
> national bias.
>
> Gordon
>
> Ronnie Gauthier wrote:
> > Thats what we call soccer, I think it is really called futbol or fotbol.

Ronnie