Aaron Grewell wrote:

> Hello all, I've got a "name that ancient hardware" question.  These are so
> much fun.  Next week I get to work on my first Atari ST!  Anyway, on to the
> business at hand.  I was given an HP 7475A plotter.  I'd like to hook it up
> for my father since he has an interest in CAD drafting.  It has an HP-IB
> interface, which I thought was just another parallel interface.  HP says it's
> some kind of network interface, and that plugging it into a standard PC is
> "impossible".  Has anybody worked with these beasts before?  Can I convince
> it to talk to ethernet somehow.

It is just a standard GPIB interface, it is used a lot to interface test
equipment to computers.  You ned to make sure your CAD software
supports  the plotter and then I recommend going to E-Bay and buying a
used interface card.  If you realy want to spend the bucks National
Instruments I believe still makes them.  Once the card software drivers
are installed and id numbers asignned to the card and plotter it sould
work.

BoB C