On Friday 07 September 2001 3:38 pm, Gordon McCrae wrote:
> Anyone out there got details of Linux Friendly ISP's in the UK?
>
> I'm returning from my brief (2 year) sojourn in the US and need some
> details.

Take a look at the 'from' address above and you will see that I am using
uklinux.net ,take a look at the url in my sig below and you will see that I
am also using btinternet.com. How's that for versatility <g>

> Also, how are DSL / Cable doing in the UK?
>
> I heard that BT had actually done some DSL, but wasn't offering dedicated
> bandwidth, and that coverage was intermittent.

True, BT is not exactly the fastest operator in the world. A couple of the
cable TV companies, NTL and Telewest, are now offering high speed connections
under the name Blueyonder IIRC, but I don't know how Linux friendly they are
and again it does depend on where you live.

HTH
Pam
--
UK Linux Step by Step mirror: http://www.pam.roberts.btinternet.co.uk/sxs/