To restrict virtual website owners to their own folders in proftp can I use
the defaultroot directive globally, like this? Can I follow this with the
VirtualHost directives like so, to change the setup for accounts on an
individual basis?
I think this is OK but want to make sure as it is a production box.

<Global>
        AllowChmod                    on
        # Report localtime, not GMT
        TimesGMT                        off
        DefaultRoot~
 </Global>

<VirtualHost 123.123.123.123>
        DefaultRoot     / administrator
        DefaultRoot             ~/../.. site-adm
        DefaultRoot             ~ !site-adm
        AllowOverwrite          on
        DisplayLogin            .ftphelp
</VirtualHost>