On September 9, 2001 02:32 am, Jerry McBride wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Sep 2001 16:06:01 -0500 Rick Sivernell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Text editor &
> > konsole is my recommendation for learning Java.
>
> That's a combo you can't beat... Now... if you're willing to add in
> netrexx... you can
> keep the compiler loaded in memory and recompiles occur almost instantly...
> not like
> the slow-as-molasses-in-january javac or jikes. Netrexx... is much more
> friendly
> anyways.
>
> Visit www2.hursley.ibm.com/netrexx for the latest version.

For some reason I am currently unable to access the site.  I was able to
access the front page in Opera but then the site stopped responding and I
have been unable to access the it since.

I think I'll probably have to go with what you and Rick suggested.  I must
admit that Netrexx sounds very intriguing although I probably won't be
dealing with very large programs.

David Aikema