On Thu, 13 Sep 2001 08:53:21 -0400
dep <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

| as to the u.n. coming together -- right now, the u.n. is probably
| chiefly concerned over the distinct possibility that americans join
| together and physically push the damned thing into the east river.
| something that in my estimation is long overdue anyway.

In fact, I have always thought that having the UN treat the
US as they have is not totally bad. If they acted like a rubber
stamp, they would be even less effective (*) in that many would consider
them just that. So, when a really big issue arises and the UN
concurrs with the US, the impact is far greater. JMTCW.

(* Of course, being less effective would perhaps be a real, perhaps even
   unachiveable accomplishment.)