Subject: FW: teacher
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 19:01:48 -0500
From: "Doris Sivernell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Rick S (E-mail)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Doris Sivernell
3939 Stockton Lane
Dallas, Texas 75287
dsivernell.rrsivernell.gte.net

-----Original Message-----
Subject: teacher

I know you all have been bambarded by all the e-mails, but this really
touched me b/c I am a teacher.

My Generation

I am one of the youngest members of Generation X.

I was just a baby during the Camp David Accords.
I do not remember when President Reagan was shot.
The Iran Contra Hearings are a vague memory that I did not understand at the
time. I was 9 when the Challenger exploded.  I was watching MTV when it
happened. I was 13 at the start of Desert Storm and no one I knew was directly
involved.  I did not see how it affected me. I was in high school when Waco
happened.  It seemed so far away. I was 19 when the Murrah building was
destroyed.  I was shocked, but wrapped up in college life. I was 23 during
Columbine. I wondered what was happening in our schools.

Today I am 25.
I am a daughter.
I am a sister.
I am a wife.
I am a teacher.
I touch the future everyday.

For twenty-five years, I have stood with my hand on my heart and recited the
Pledge and the sang the Star Spangled Banner.
For twenty-five years, I have said these words and not understood their
significance.
I watch my students roll their eyes when they are required to do the same
things in the morning.
September 11th, I watched the news and saw thousands of Americans die.

Today, I said the Pledge and I sang the Star Spangled Banner.
Today, I understand what those words mean.
Today, I know what it means to be an American.
Today, I cried.

Melissa Sivernell
Christ Died For You!!!

Rick Sivernell