I think that the H word is not so bad.
H is not a daemon. He was a very badly flawed human being who led his nation
into disaster and got millions of people killed in the bargain. We should
study his life carefully, not make him into an unmentionable demigod.
During his life (at least while he was winning) he was admired by
many people, among them Gandhi. (Gandhi was opposed to English
imperialism and he admired H's diplomatic victories, won without
bloodshed. [This is based one quote I have from Gandhi regarding Herr H.])
You can learn much from the study of such men and the times in which
they lived.
SO, phooey on this simplistic rule. H is no different from S&M (Stalin and
Mao.)
Joel