On Saturday 22 September 2001 12:30 pm, Collins Richey wrote:
> I'm encountering one minor problem that looks familiar, but I don't
> have a solution yet.  DNS is working.  My brower (Opera, etc.) can
> find anything, but for some reason my mail server name is not being
> recognized.  I've had to revert to using specific ip address for mail
> send/retrieve.
>
> Any suggestions?

Hmmm  I might have a solution for you but you didn't provide much
information.   Just who is not recognizing it?  The outside world?

Also, what is your mail setup?

I use my own sendmail for sending mail and pull mail off my ISP for
receiving.  My hostname is  linux1.bmarsh.com  and since I don't allow DNS
queries to come in from the outside world, I had to change my sendmail.cf to
tell the world that I was  just bmarsh.com.  Sounds a little like your
problem.

# my official domain name
# ... define this only if sendmail cannot automatically determine your domain
Dj$w.bmarsh.com

Hope this helps.