What version of LimeWire? A few months ago there was an update that
required a recent JVM. I don't recall which one. I have run it on
eD 2.4 with whatever JVM it comes with - so the new LimeWire requirement
cannot be too bleeding-edge. I really don't think I updated java on
the machine in question. I have not tried it on WS3.1 due to as yet
unresolved problems discussed (but, alas not solved) in another thread.

What do you get when you type:

        java -version