Collins Richey wrote:

> I've had good luck cloning my systems to and from reiserfs. xfs, etc.,
> but I can't seem to slay the ext3 dragon.  After cloning and altering
> the /etc/fstab for my root and boot fs and the usual work with lilo, I
> can boot but the root fs remains read only; all attempts to remount it
> rw fail.
>
> Any clues?
>
> Perhaps someone could send me a sample fstab entry for the root fs;
> maybe that's where I'm going astray.
>
> I'm on kernel 2.4.13.  mke2fs -j and tune2fs and mount work as
> advertised.

Did you patch your kernel w/ the ext3 patch?  If not, try 2.4.15-pre6.
If you have converted your filesystem to ext3 (only requires running
tune2fs -j against your ext2 filesystem), all you need is to change the
ext2 to ext3 in fstab.  Couldn't be easier.

Ciao,

David A. Bandel
                -- Nemesis Racing Team motto