On Thursday 22 November 2001 03:58, Douglas J Hunley enunciated:

I am in the same boat with trying to reformat 4 partitions to ext3 when I use
tune2fs i get this back now this morning:

linux:/ # tune2fs -j /dev/hdb5
tune2fs 1.25 (20-Sep-2001)
Creating journal inode:
tune2fs: Permission denied
        while trying to create journal file

The partition is:

drwxr-xr-x   11 kantoine users        4096 Nov 21 14:07 backup

Do the permissions need to be 777, I did not think so, do I need to be in
root and not su. Sure I was root last night when trying to ude tune2fs.
--
Keith Antoine aka 'skippy'
18 Arkana St, The Gap, Queensland 4061 Australia PH:61733002161