Declan Moriarty wrote:
[snips]
> BTW, is there some new virus going around? I'm getting mail
> from people with
> a suitably technical subject line (Answering something I
> hadn't asked) with
> gibberish (40K or so) with an audio/x-wav file; here's 2
> names from recent
> ones
>
> YOU_ARE_FAT!.MP3.scr   or
> NEWS_DOC.DOC.scr
>
> Neither of those files would be comfortable in windoze. M$
> Outlook again? And
> from memory, .scr is a screensaver, not an audio format

Yep.  There sure is.  The W32.Badtrans.B@mm worm is making its rounds now.
I'm torn over it.  It helps me further my case for getting rid of the M$
exchange and outhouse that we use here at work. That is good.  But OTOH, I
have to run around and patch systems,re-enlighten my users of the hazards of
opening attachments, and usually re-install at least one system.

--
Tom Wilson