Somehow I have lost entirely the rpm executable, not only from the PATH but
also from /usr/bin............... I did an install of KDE-2.2.2 and from that
moment kpackage lost the ability to see rpms. Told me that the rpm I was
trying to install was not an rpm file. This occurred about 2 days ago but I
was able to install from a terminal and rpm -Uhv etc..... Today I went to
install some updates to xine and now it saya no such command.

So I cannot install from an rpm I now need a tar.gz to get it back to working
order. I cannot seem to find a copy in that compression, does anyone know
where I can get such a file.

Do not want to reinstall from 6 disks again, if I can help it.

--
Keith Antoine aka 'skippy'
18 Arkana St, The Gap, Queensland 4061 Australia PH:61733002161