First the apology: My mailer (kmail) insists on sending mail that was put in
the outbox and then removed. I dunno why. Sorry folks if you are getting
battered by idiotic comments with my e-mail on them. I'm inclined to reply
first and think afterward :-(. If you see anything wildly offline from me in
the future, just quietly delete it.
That luggable won't run linux - I tried with Tomsrtbt, and got something like
this.

INIT: Init version 2.60 booting
INIT Cannot fork.... retrying
INIT: Cannot fork /etc/rc.S
INIT: entering runlevel 4
INIT: No more processes left at this runlevel.

The power switch is the only way out. The cpu appears to be a 20 Mhz Intel
386 - not the 386sx I expected, but without a coprocessor all the same. I
tried with 2 standard (and working) copies of Toms and got the same result,
same place. Ditto Maniasoft's windes - it won't load. 2 copies - same error,
same line. Someone tried to install windows and failed. I imagine this is
betraying a fundemental hardware  inadequacy. Whassat?

--
        Regards,

        Declan Moriarty

Applied Researches - Ireland's Foremost Electronic Hardware Genius

        A Slightly Serious(TM) Company

Success covers a multitude of blunders - G.B. Shaw.