I have a Sony Vaio running RH 7.2.  The laptop has a CD-W/DVD and I
believe during installation this was detected and SCSI support was
included in the kernel.  I've added a USB external Zip drive that is
recognized on a hot plugin.  I edited /etc/fstab by adding the line
/dev/sda4       /mnt/zip        auto    noauto,user,kudzu 0 0
The disk does mount but when I shutdown, there seems to be a problem with
USB support, where it hangs for a few MINUTES before quickly posting an
error message (something about a new address being rejected) and then
shutting down normally.  Problem with my /fstab entry?  While I'm up and
running the device seems to work OK.  I'm able to copy files to the disk
(though it does appear a bit slow to respond).  It's only on the
shutdown that I notice a difficulty.  BTW, the device will not work if
connected at boot-up.  It must be connected (or unplugged and
re-connected) following boot up to work.
Any advice or suggestions greatly appreciated.
TIA,
Mike

--
"We Americans, we're a simple people... but piss us off, and we'll bomb
your cities."