On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, Matthew Carpenter wrote:

> Thanks, Chang.  Actually that's the first place I normally go.  The problem is that
>there is no hardware listed.  What do I buy if I want to have say 8 modems?  Or 4?
>What are others using?
>
> Does Digiboard work with Linux and is it the best for Linux like it is for Win?
>
> On Sat, 15 Dec 2001 11:31:34 +0800
> "Chang" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > check http://linux.nf
> > bill parker's article in ppp section.
> >
> > Matthew Carpenter wrote:
> > >
> > > I am interested in what people are using for Linux dial-up servers these days.
>I have a mid-sized company interested in providing dialup for their users and I need
>to put together a proposal soon.  Rather than investigate all the options, I thought
>I'd ask people who do it already.
> >
> > --

I've got a Comtrol Rocketport that works nicely, and Cyclades has
supported Linux for a long time. These are intelligent boards with their
own processors and mux, so you don't have to worry about interrupts and
such. If you want something more at the ISP level, a lot of folks use
Livingston Portmaster 2E, but I see now there's radius software out there
to give you similar capability using one of the above cards.

Stew Benedict