After running a Win95/col2.2 dual boot for 2.5 years  the col2 suddenly
shutdown down one night in the middle of an internet session. I mean the
screen just went dark. The bootup was .located in the hda mbr. On
reboot, boot magic failed with the error message that the linux
partition couldn't be found. Took the opportunity  to upgrade to e2.4.
After two weeks it failed to bootup. Error message said something was
cycling too fast and it would have to  shut down for five minutes.
Never  booted up. Upgraded to w3.1. Lasted about three days  before did
the same thing. Boot and rescue disks failed to boot system. Shifted to
Mandrake 7.0. After a month failed to boot. Error message said reading 1
bit in swap sync. Moved to Mandrake 8.0, 8.1 same results. The system is
a Mainboard running a 200mmx Pentium with 64Meg memory and a Quantum 4
gig big foot hd. Only thing I can think of for this is that the hd may
be going bad and files are getting corrupted in bad sectors. Any
opinions?

Lee