Previously, David Aikema chose to write:
> 2. Would an optical mouse get enough electro-juice via the serial port to
> enable it to work... or are the ps2 and usb ports capable of powering more
> demanding devices?

I wouldn't think the serial port can provide enough power. The PC serial port
doesn't have a dedicated power pin. AFAIK, power is gotten from there by
tying certain signal pins (RTS+CTS??). I would doubt it could power it.

I think you can buy adapters that'll steal power from the keyboard or mouse
ports, though. Check out B&B Electronics, or Black Box. I think they have web
sites.

HTH,
Tim