On December 28, 2001 03:20 am, Mike Andrew wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Dec 2001 18:26, David Aikema wrote:
> > Apparently xawtv needs to be build from source, altering a few parameters
> > from the looks of things.  Might be something to add to the SxS if this
> > works, although the author didn't mention encountering those problems.
>
> please re-edit this material, adding this info, and i will republish.
> Thankx

Well... the changes in the xawtv source were required to change resolution
(have they ever heard of config files? ... or am I missing something here)
and there was also another line that needed to be changed ... something
called SYNC_TIMEOUT.
All the build from source really appeared to get me was a somewhat better
resolution (640x480 instead of an image 1/4 that size)... so it might not
really be worth that writeup.  I had been hoping that the SYNC_TIMEOUT would
clear the rest of my issues up, which it didn't.

Using the -noscale parameter when launching xawtv finally got rid of those
awful green lines of mine that were taking up about half the screen though.
I've now got a picture with no weird lines and stuff involved but one that is
of a significantly lower quality than the camera puts out under windows.
Although from what I'm reading on the news portion of the ov511 module
maintainer's website, updating my ov511 module might clear things up.

David Aikema