On December 27, zohar enlightened our ignorance thusly:
> CALDERA says that it providing a solution of UNIX and LINUX integrating it.
> What other than networking is the same between this two OS.

Runs Linux on Unixware using LKP, Linux Kernel Personality.
Essentially, you can use all those great Linux apps without
modification on your Unixware box.

> I have heard many times in last few days that normal firewall can only
> blocks the packets that come from Windows while they are not effective on
> the packets that come from other OS. Can you give me some more knowledge
> related to it. Which Firewall can handle this kind of situation.

I don't know who told you this, but it's just plain wrong. A TCP/IP
packet doesn't much care what OS is came from or what OS it is going
to. OS-neutrality is the whole point of the TCP/IP protocols.

> On one site it was mentioned that an e-mail can be multiparty other than
> pure HTML or text and this are more likely to contain ActiveX and scripting
> like more powerful programs which are made able to run some malicious code.
> Please say something more about this and which mail application can better
> handle this.

Beats me.

> What is UPX file compressor of Visual Basic.

I have no idea. Perhaps it is yet another proprietary Microsoft
method for compressing files.

Kurt
--
Klein bottle for rent -- inquire within.