On Wednesday 02 January 2002 11:57 am,Keith Antoine wrote:
> On Thursday 03 January 2002 03:00 am, Tony Alfrey observed:
> > Hi gang!
> >
> > I'm trying to set up USB hotplugging for a Canon digital camera on
> > my Caldera LTP box (2.4.0 and 2.4.4 kernels).  I already have USB
> > compiled as a module but the hotplug feature appears to be
> > something different and there is a variety of very complicated
> > undecipherable info about this at
> > http://linux-hotplug.sourceforge.net.  So my questions are a)  Is
> > anybody running a digital camera with USB?
> > b)  If so, are you using it hotplugged or do you just boot up with
> > the camera connected?
> > c)  If hotplugged, how the f$%^ did you set it up?
>
> Yes I do and I also use the latest kernels which have the
> hotpluggable selection in the kernel along with the 'mass storage
> device'. This also seems to select, no matter what distro, the driver
> sda0..................

Is there any way that you can send me the USB portion of your .config
file for the kernel build (and which kernel you built)?  When you say
that it selects the driver sda0, are you saying that is where the
hotplug device is mounted?  It sounds like a SCSI identification?  I
ask because I already have SCSI drives, one whose partitions are sda1,
sda2 and so on.
Thanks!

--
Tony Alfrey