Glenn Williams wrote:

> Hi,  Group:
>
> I want to delete this Linux and the associated partitions from my hard
> drive.  Currently, I dual-boot SuSE 7.2 and Windows XP.  I think LILO
> was installed in the MBR.
>
> IIRC, that's what "boot=/dev/hda" means.  I've attached my
> /etc/lilo.conf in hopes some kind reader will verify that this is so.

That's what I see in the file you included.

> I remember that there's a command line exercise that will restore the
> original MBR, but I can't find it and don't remember it.

see 'man lilo'.  Read the '-u' and '-s' options.  And look for a file in
your /boot dir called something like 'boot.0#00' where # is equal to the
major number for the device lilo installed to.

> I suppose if all else fails I can boot with a Windows 9x boot disk and
> restore the original MBR with "fdisk /MBR."

The above is quite simple, and something that is good to know.  But yes
you *could* do that.
--
Linux SxS [http://sxs.webhop.net/]