On Thu, 3 Jan 2002 18:06:52 -0500
Douglas J Hunley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> spewed into the bitstream:

> Looking at Freshmeat, I see like 50 different firewall scripts (iptables

> based). What are you guys using?
> rc.firewall?
> shorewall?
> mon mothma?
> others?

I have firewalls in a number of places (companies, organizations,
individuals).  Each one custom rules.  Some things (almost) never change,
and those are the basis for the scripts I provided LJ with my article.  My
recommendation:  decide exactly what you want to do and implement those
rules. Don't use a canned script.  If you don't know what you want,
perhaps you shouldn't try (alone), but get someone knowledgeable to help.

For those who enjoyed my basic Netfilter article, I'll have another (more
advanced) article RSN.

Ciao,

David A. Bandel
                -- Nemesis Racing Team motto