On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 04:59:40PM -0800, Robert L. Hemus wrote:
> Tn the step by steps to install a CDROM RW in step 2 it says you add
>     "hd?=ide-scsi to the kernel line in your menu.lst file."
> then reboot.
> When I do this it won't reboot.  Need to use the rescue disk.  Is the
> file I need to work on in /root/boot/grub/menu.lst?  If so, what have I
> done, am doing wrong?
> Thanks in advance.
> Bob Hemus

It would help if you told us what distro and kernel you're running.
There are reports that things are different in distros released after
the ones this SxS was tested on.

Also, if there's anything more specific you can say about "won't reboot"
it may help us figure out what's wrong.

And I hope there's somebody here who groks both GRUB and CDRW, because
I have yet to make friends with GRUB.  The stuff in the SxS about
GRUB was told me by others.

++ kevin

--
Kevin O'Gorman  (805) 650-6274  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Permanent e-mail forwarder:  mailto:Kevin.O'[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Life is short; eat dessert first!"