On Wed, 9 Jan 2002 19:32:43 +1130
Mike Andrew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> A minor bug exists in kde 2.2 when starting.
>
> the default mixer settings, for some inexplicable reason, probe for
> TWO sound devices and TWO mixers
>
> Control Centre (big green button) -> sound->Mixer->hardware settings
>
> change the default values of '2' to '1'
>
> The 'error' appears in /var/log/messages as
>
> modprobe: unable to find sound-slot-1
>
> It causes no permanent damage but is annoying to 'see'.

Thanks for that little tidbit of info Mikey, you probably saved the last
few remaining hairs on this poor old scalp of mine. Seriously. You are
correct in that the errors caused no damage to the system but they sure
are/were annoying to find in the logs. Heck, at one point I even scoured
my modules.conf over and over looking for the errant entry to no avail.

--
Myles Green Calgary AB Canada
Alberta Linux Step by Step Mirror: