Actually they work great over IP.  I use it frequently.

Raymond Russell

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On
Behalf Of Dave Anselmi
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 12:03 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: calling rz while in telnet

toylet.linuxism[¤pª±·N] wrote:

> and I shouldn't touch any key on the telnet session, right?
>
> Could I press ctrl-z to suspend the telnet process and do
> step 2 in the same session? I hit that ctrl-z by accident.
> And I don't know how to go back to the suspended telnet.

When you suspend something with ctrl-z, it is given a job control number
(usually 1 unless you have other background processes).  Then you can
type
'fg 1' to get it back (bring it to the foreground) or 'bg 1' to put it
in
the background (start running again as if you had run it with an & at
the
end of the command).

Can't help you with sz/rz.  I haven't seen those used over IP before and
don't quite see how it could work.

Dave