Excellent. I just added the append="hdb=ide-scsi hdc=ide-scsi" line and
ran lilo, and now all 3 of my linux distros (Libranet, ELX and RedHat7.1)
recognize both cdr's as scsi. I guess that will make xcdroast happy. Only
the Libranet distro would show both cd's when I ran 'cdrecord -scanbus',
now they all do. Thanks, also, for the kde2 soundbug fix.

I wonder what you mean by "finishes off the @#$% append = statement"? Do
you mean 'explains it completely' or that you can't stand it?

On Sat, 12 Jan 2002 16:03:03 +1130
Mike Andrew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  KDE2->Soundbug (Mike Andrew)
>
>  Bedtime Reading-> IDE CD Burners (Mike Andrew)
>  CD BURNERS -> IDE Bedtime Reading
>
> I *******really****** hope the above finally, permanently and at last
> finishes off the *&)(*&)(^%&$*&)(      append = statement.
>
> I've done *everything* I can think of to explain ide-scsi. PLEASE READ
and > let me know what's still not clear

> PS thanks.
>

> --
> http://linux.nf -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Ken Moffat