Tim Wunder wrote:

>> I registered news.linux.nf as a news server on my
>> newsreader(KNode) and I got an error message
>> indicating that KNode could not resolve the domain
>> name.  I tried nntp.news.linux.nf also (same result).
>> What am I doing wrong?  I've never had this
>>problem with other newsgroups.
>>

> dunno, resolved just fine for me. Check your spelling. Try ping'g
> news.linux.nf
>
> Tim

I pinged it and got an answer.  I then registered the news server using the
numerical address and the available newsgroups came up fine.  I then tried
again to register the server on KNode as news.linux.nf and this time it
worked.  I thought I checked for a typo before (that was my first thought),
but I guess I need a cup of coffee if I'm going to work this late.

Thanks for your help,

Mel

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]