I think it depends on your use.

I use both. Our product line is still officially based on OpenUnix, but
we are moving customers to OpenLinux. Our reasoning is this:

OpenUnix is a server OS. Why? Look at the types of things that are
bundled with it. So, when we buy OpenUnix, we buy and maybe install
lots of interesting things for servers. But, ours is a desktop
application. We don't need all that server stuff. OpenUnix does
not have a very good desktop. On a server OS, it is probably only
the sysadmin whu might use it. And, so many prefer command lines
that making a nice GUI would probably not buy many points. Even
though scoadmin is nice and works in X as well as console mode.
The older UnixWare 1 desktop made by AT&T/Novell was much better.
It was back in the days when the two felt they might enter the
desktop market. So, they sold a Desktop and an Application Server.
The Desktop is gone. OpenUnix is the current incarnation of the
Novell UnixWare Advanced Server. Of course, both are from the original
AT&T SVR4.2 tree, but the Advanced Server took a route to be best suited
to servers, So, if it is a server you are after,
then I would go with OpenUnix. I know OpenLinux can do server
stuff quite well. Among all the other things it does well. But
OpenUnix is designed from the bottom up to perform this task. And
it does it very well. The types of devices that are supported are
those one would use in a server.

If you are after desktops, go with OpenLinux. I think even the
OpenUnix people 'might' agree with that. If nothing else than
because of the more varied hardware support useful in the ever
changing desktop. Servers tend to be more static, and OpenUnix
reflects this in driver support.

JMTCW. And based on 10 years experience with OpenUnix (and the
various forms SVR4.2 has taken over the years).