Quoting Dave Anselmi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Ian wrote:
>
> [...]
>

> > When I traceroute, from home and school and compare them, the last
> four
> > hops are the same except for the machine directly in front my
> domain's
> > machine, which is part of the same network, 1 or 2 IP's off of the
> hosts
> > I can successfully route through.
>
> I'm not a guru, but I think the output of traceroute would be more
> useful than your description of it.

:-|

Nor am I a guru, but if I am going to be trying to find out what's wrong, with
my connection, which sometimes involves shutting down firewalls, and leaving
one's machine naked, I didn't really want to post my IP.

Hence the request/offer to handle this offlist _if_ someone was willing to help
troubleshoot.
--
Linux SxS [http://sxs.webhop.net]