yes siree  I sure did  start/stop /etc/rc.d/init.d   ./syslog stop followed
by start

On Wednesday 30 January 2002 10:12, you were heard blurting out:

--
  Bill Day ( a.k.a. BadMan )            188133 http://counter.li.org
  #linux-users                          irc.openprojects.net:6667

  Our crystal tears now fall upon the ashes, but from the dust shall grow a
  spirit, to be in compassion for those who are lost, and one in determination
  to break those who dare test our resolve to be free... 9/11/01

  http://www.daysdomain.com/tribute.html

 10:30am  up 182 days,  1:24, 14 users,  load average: 0.29, 0.08, 0.02