Net Llama babbled on about:
> Some of you may remember the rather odd experience that I had with my
> XFree86-4.2.0 upgrade where gdm bombed when switching to runlevel 5.
>
> Well, i had to reboot my box to test something, and not even thinking
> about it, i just let it go naturally into RL5.  Instead of choking like
> its done about 5 times before, it booted properly into gdm.  I'm
> incredibly stumped,but pleased that it somehow fixed itself.

So, just le me get this straight...

A problem unexpected cropped up on your computer, and the solution was to
reboot!

I thought that only worked for MS products! Next you'll tell me that you
needed to re-install the software to fix something else!

We're doomed! ;)
--
Douglas J Hunley (doug at hunley.homeip.net) - Linux User #174778
Admin: Linux StepByStep - http://linux.nf

die_if_kernel("Whee... Hello Mr. Penguin", current->tss.kregs);
        2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/arch/sparc/kernel/traps.c