begin  Bill Campbell's  quote:

| Anybody else see yesterday's Silicon Spin show on techtv?  Dvorak
| was talking to people from IBM, HP, and an open standards guy
| about Linux in the Enterprise.  I found it pretty interesting.

yeah, i saw it. the voices of those of us screaming "linux on the
desktop" are being driven into the background noise.

hey -- you see *this*?

http://www.computerworld.com/storyba/0,4125,NAV47_STO68107,00.html

IBM deals up a card-size computer

By BRIAN SULLIVAN
(February 07, 2002)
IBM Research has come out with a computer the size of a stack of index
cards, according to a company statement.
 The computer, which has an 800-MHz processor and 128MB synchronous
dynamic RAM, is 3 in. wide by 5 in. long and three-quarters of an
inch thick. It also comes with a 10GB hard disk drive and a 3-D
graphics chip with 8MB of RAM. IBM said it has no plans to market the
device and is referring to it as a "radical experiment." The company
said it built the device, known as the Meta Pad, "to research and
develop technologies that will go into and help manage future
computing devices." IBM may license the Meta Pad technologies to
other companies, however.

--
dep

There is sobbing of the strong,