On Wed, 13 Feb 2002 10:22:30 +0100
Roger Oberholtzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> scribbled in frustration:

>StarOffice 6 beta is supposed to do Office 2000/xp. That and loosing
>its desktop are the main new features, as far as I can see.
===============================
And a whole new file system/structure.  While the file systems/extensions
of the entire 5.x series were compatible with each other  (you could open
a 5.2 .sdw file in 5.o w/o problem.  6.0's .sxw files can not be opened by
the 5.x series (though 6.0 c CAN save in that format.  The new filesystem
appears to be quite compressed.  Files that used to take up 88k now take
up about 9k. Mike

--
"He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that
fool you....., he really is an idiot."

-Groucho Marx