On Thu, 20 Sep 2001 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I am using bash & xterm  both having utf-8 support it works,
> but in 'vi' some character are not display properly and dont work
> properly. Is there any setting i have to  change for vi .

You have to use the vim 6.0 beta and enable multi-byte encodings
when compiling. (Perhaps this should be made the default on Linux,
Bram?).

In case your problems are only with Indic characters, make sure
you've understood what's explained on

  http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/ucs-fonts.html#indic

and the links provided there.

Markus