Followup to:  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
By author:    Gaspar Sinai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
In newsgroup: linux.utf8

> OK. I won't hide :)
> The problem with postscritp printing is that fonts are not readily
> available. The solution: convert truetype fonts to postscipt
> fonts. The first progarm I know was from Andrew Weeks back in 1997.
> It converts ttf fonts to postscript fonts. As for Asian fonts
> it may not work.

Don't see why it wouldn't.  I'm pretty sure the capabilities of a
TrueType font is a subset of a PostScript type 1 font; not to mention
a PostScript type 3 font (which is an arbitrary PostScript program.)

There actually is a PostScript type code for a TrueType font; I don't
know how many PS interpreters will actually understand it, though.

     -hpa
--
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> at work, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> in private!
http://www.zytor.com/~hpa/puzzle.txt    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>