Hello,

Now mlterm supports BiDi and Arabic shaping.  Since there are no
native speakers of BiDi languages among mlterm developers, mlterm
must be tested by native speakers of such languages.

Please test mlterm.  Bug reports are welcome!

One correction:

>   $ mlterm -km utf8 -bi

should be

$ mlterm --km utf8 --bi

or

$ mlterm -E utf8 -D

Since mlterm automatically detect the current locale and choose
proper encoding, you can omit "-E utf8" when mlterm is invoked
under UTF-8 locales.

Note:

"xterm-152-27" means the Robert Brady's #27 patch for Thomas Dickey's
xterm-152.  Since the original distribution site for #27 patch is
closed now, please use http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/xterm instead.

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/
"Introduction to I18N"  http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/intro-i18n/

--- Begin Message ---

        Hi,

        I am working on mlterm(http://mlterm.sf.net/) and now mlterm in current CVS
        repository(mlterm.cvs.sf.net) supports UTF8 RTL characters using FriBidi
        (http://fribidi.sf.net).
        Arabic character shaping is also implemented.

        It seems to work almost the same as xterm-152-27 which also supports Bidi.
        But actually I don't know Bidi etc well since I'm not a native and I started to
        study it only a few days ago , so I would like anyone who is interested
        in my software and familiar with Bidi to check the behavior and implementation
        of mlterm.

        [instruction]
        First of all , install the latest FriBidi library(0.9.0) to your system.
        and get mlterm source codes and compile them.

        $ cvs -d :pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvsroot/mlterm login
        (hit Enter)
        $ cvs -d :pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvsroot/mlterm
checkout mlterm
        $ cd mlterm
        $ ./configure --enable-fribidi
        $ make
        $ make install

        don't forget to use --enable-fribidi option in configuring.

        Then execute mlterm as follows.

        $ mlterm -km utf8 -bi

        you can't use Bidi without -bi option.

        otherwise , you can also use it by adding

        use_bidi = true

        to ~/.mlterm/main , or dynamically change it in Ctrl + Button 3 menu.

        Regards.

--
kiken
[EMAIL PROTECTED]