Thank you.

My version of Notepad has a little checkbox in the lower left corner of the 'Save As' dialog box called 'Save as Unicode'.

I never saw it.

'Save as Type' has only Text Documents(*.txt) and All files.

What about the other options, Unicode Big Endian, UTF-8?

I do not quite understand it. I just checked a Windows XP Professional box of a colleague's, and found the dialog just as I have described (same as Windows 2000). And his Wordpad has the type "Unicode text file". Aren't you using the Home version?

There is no entry in the Notepad help.

Elvis

For the moment maybe we should talk off the mailing list since it is not about Linux any more. Maybe you should first have a Linux box installed, use it for a while, and then talk again on the list.

Best regards,

Wu Yongwei