I run debian sid, with my locale set to en_US.UTF-8.  That is not really
a good test of the locale system, because anything with an en locale
(ie, everything) just works (tm).  But mlterm, vim, xkb all work fine
under debian, and galeon works after I fed a bunch of fonts through
defoma.  So UTF-8 support is good, I just do not know about non-english
locales.

bergey

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 03:58:56PM +0200, xerces8 wrote:
> Hi!
>
> What is the state of UTF-8 on debian ?
> I installed 'sarge' and see, the UTF-8 is not the default locale.
> Can I safely set UTF-8 ? Will it work ?
>
> Thanks for any answers,
> David
>
> P.S.: Sorry for the double post on debian-testing, I misspelled the
> linux-utf8 address in the first try.
>

> --
> Linux-UTF8:   i18n of Linux on all levels
> Archive:      http://mail.nl.linux.org/linux-utf8/

  • D... xerces8
    • ... Daniel M. Bergey
    • ... Edward H. Trager