Hi Markus,

I very like to agree with you on that implementing Unicode in
kernel is not feasable at all, but I much prefer to see the
console is refactored and implemented as a user-space application
instead, and then supports all good stuff.  The reason for that,
not mine, but I heard that: "A japanese system administrator
should be able to read the error messages in japanese."  and deep
down there we all know that it's true.  Any argument against
that, has its roots in "we are not technically advanced enough to
get there yet".

behdad

--behdad
http://behdad.org/