Hi Paul,

>   if you think that there is a good chance Creative Live! Optia is free of
> these problems, I could buy one and do some stress testing on multiple
> platforms - I have lots of PC hardware laying around.

There is a chance. A friend of mine had *lots* of problem with the Logitech
webcams, and the Optia works fine for him.

> I'm looking for reliable UVC camera for embedded application, so I can spend
> some time on testing, provided you send me stress-test program or
> instructions to build one (I'm still a Linux wannabe).

Anyone want to write a stress-test program ? :-)

> Any chance for raw Bayer support on Optia?

I don't know yet. I contacted Creative to have more information about the
extension units. I don't know if the camera supports Bayer mode.

Cheers,

Laurent Pinchart