Hello everybody,

me again with another question. I have my Quickcam up and running
beautifully now, however, I've run into another problem today..

I'm trying to take every two successive frames with completely different
lighting conditions. The lighting is controlled by a hardware setup
connected to the parallel port.

Now, I've noticed that the flash that should be visible only in the
odd-numbered frames is most of the time also visible in the
even-numbered frames. I have to add a delay of up to 30 ms before and
after taking the image, only then the separation between the two
different lighting conditions is acceptable.

So, my question is: can the camera actually cause a variance of up to
+- 30 ms? I'm using mmap IO with 2 buffers. I've tried up to 16, without
a noticeable change.

Any hints?

Thanks, Yours, Florian